The Wiltshire Rural Music School provides bursaries and financial assistance for young people who may need help with music tuition and related expenses. This is available to all children residing in Wiltshire.
WRMS, working in partnership with Wiltshire Music Connect, have created a special bursary fund to support young musicians and their families living in Wiltshire.
Awards are means tested and applicants must be able to provide relevant evidence of income. WRMS welcome applications from parents, carers or music tutors.
connect info here
• Students aged 5-18 who are resident in Wiltshire
• Families in need of financial support
• Students who receive a subsidy from the Wiltshire Music Connect Scheme and require further support
• Students who receive tuition privately and therefore cannot access the Wiltshire Music Connect scheme
• Students who show evidence of progress and commitment through involvement in music making outside
• Exceptionally gifted musicians requiring advanced study
• Families where more than one child is receiving tuition
• Tuition on a second instrument
• Support for individual tuition when deemed appropriate by the tutor
• Related expenses eg. examination fees, travel expenses for advanced students
• Encouraging the take up of rarer instruments eg. bassoon, oboe, lower brass, viola, cello
If not an Associate of Wiltshire Music Connect it is a requirement that tutors will be of a professional standard and can give evidence of this, as well as DBS clearance. A tutor new to WRMS will be asked to provide this evidence on application.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide termly reports from their tutors.
Tutors will be paid directly on receipt of an invoice and report on the musician’s progress.
We are now accepting applications!
Please apply before January 1st 2018 for consideration at our January meeting!